1. a harvest moon overlooking downtown canton and a lovely community of people i wish i could keep around me forever.
2. we went to a coffee shop to watch open mic night and soak in some local music. upon my request, john king came just to play us a couple songs. he is the sunshine of ohio.
3. a night of cheap beers and philosophical talks and private performances in an open garage filled with the smartest characters and most talented musicians i've ever met. these people are the real thing: all truth and sincerity.
4. i did a six day juice cleanse after i returned from europe. i wanted to kill something the first couple days. but then i got used to the feeling of starving and lost every pound i gained abroad (read: months full of cheap brie cheese and homemade french bread). pure nutrients did the trick. my body is still thanking me.
5. we went to cleveland to see the avett brothers and it was magical. halfway through the night, it started pouring buckets. steady streams came through cracks in the pavilion and raised the vibrations of everyone around. thunder growled and the crowd cheered louder. the avetts sang to us under the rain, on the water, with big lit up ships sailing behind the stage. at the end of their set, and before their encore, a huge ship heard our cries and blew its horn until the boys came out again.
6. we accidentally rescued this puppy from the lonely pastures of Kentucky last month. i fell for her immediately. I named her Shiloh after the beagle in that children's novel I loved so much---the name I always knew I'd name my first puppy (I even wrote it on my bucket list). i diligently trained my darling little girl for two weeks and grew SO attached, even though i knew i couldn't keep her. i couldn't bear to cancel months (years, really) of half-sketched travel plans for a dog who deserves someone who can really take care of her :( so my brother will be taking her to florida soon and i just know she'll be happy there with his other beagle to be her playmate. but boyyy do i miss that perfect face!